Instructions for full paper submission
The proceedings of the International Conference on Information Technology and Digital Applications (ICITDA) 2019 will be published in the Open Access IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), which is part of IOP Conference Series. All papers published in IOP Conference Series are fully citable and upon publication will be free to download in perpetuity.
Important: please read before you submit a paper
PUBLICATION LICENCE FOR OPEN ACCESS PROCEEDINGS PAPERS. IOP Conference Series operates a publishing licence, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and they no longer need to sign and submit copyright assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in IOP Conference Series must agree to the terms of the licence and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to the terms of the licence.
The licence terms and conditions are available online.
Where to send your paper
Preparing your paper
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors are asked to prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the journal guidelines and templates, and then convert these files to PDF. Full instructions on preparing your paper, along with templates, can be found on the IOP Conference Series website.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP do not copyedit papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Please note: post-publication changes are not usually permitted, unless there are exceptional circumstances, so please ensure your paper has been checked for errors.
What you need to provide
- The PDF file of your paper: when preparing your paper ensure that you follow the author guidelines. When preparing your paper please check that:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or poor resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via CrossRef if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proof read is conducted to check standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
- Ensure that your paper includes an abstract.
Templates and guidelines for proceedings papers
- Essential guidelines
- If you would like to submit multimedia to accompany your paper, you might find these guidelines useful:
How to cite an IOP Conference Series paper
The following information is intended to provide an overview of how to cite articles published in the IOP Conference Series titles. Please note that the full publication record for all IOP journals and proceedings can be found in IOPscience.
- All proceedings in IOP Conference Series are published as a single volume of the relevant title. Typically, each volume has just a single issue but very large volumes may be split into two or more issues for ease of reading and navigation.
- Papers published in IOP Conference Series titles use an article numbering system that means that papers should be cited by using the six-digit article number in place of a page number (see examples below).
- Every article has its own unique identifier called a Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
- Articles can be linked via the Crossref system.
- The pages in the PDF file of each article are numbered from 1. These page numbers should not normally be included in a reference. However, if it is desirable to indicate the length of an article, this can be done by including the number of pages, in parentheses, after the article number.
Examples of citations to conference proceedings
References to conference papers should include:
- Year of publication
- Title of conference (in italics, initial letter of each significant word should be capital)
- Mahanta N K and Abramson A R 2012 Thermal conductivity of graphene and graphene oxide nanoplatelets 13th Intersociety Conf. on Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems
Examples of citations to conference series
- Barry R Holstein 2009 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 173 012019
- V V Kramarenko et al 2016 IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth Environ. Sci. 43 012029
- S Adarsh et al 2016 IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 149 012141
IOP Conference Series